Let this 2022 vehicle maintenance checklist help guide you in planning your car’s maintenance this year.
It’s May, which means that road-trip season is officially just around the corner. Whether you’re planning an epic solo road trip or are taking a trip with the kids, it’s important that you have a vehicle that can get you where you need to go.
One thing that you should definitely be planning sooner rather than later is your 2022 vehicle maintenance checklist! Checklists are easy ways to take stock of what needs to be done to keep your vehicle in peak performance shape. Car maintenance is an easy thing to let fall to the wayside, especially as the year gets busier. But here at Tom’s, we want to remind you that vehicle maintenance is key to making sure your car lasts as long as possible.
To help, we’ve compiled this short vehicle maintenance checklist and “things to consider” to help you get an idea of what you should do!
2022 Vehicle Maintenance Checklist
- Replace wiper blades: Seattle is no stranger to rain, and lately snow. If you tried to get rid of the January snow with your wiper blades, go ahead and replace them now for the next storm. Also, if you’re planning to DIY this task, be absolutely sure you’ve got the right size blades for your vehicle (one size does not fit all, and generic blades usually don’t fit or work well).
- Regular oil level inspections and services: Every vehicle, from hatchback to hybrid, needs oil. New oil, regularly. We mention this frequently because we see people pay a lot of money in damages caused by old oil and no oil. Oil is a critical element to your car’s health, kinda like water is to your body. You need it regularly because every system in your body needs it to function properly. Schedule your oil level inspections and changes with us. It won’t take long, and we’ll send reminders for that service as well.
- Check your tires: Another vehicle maintenance checklist item to consider is tires. Tires need to be rotated every six months, or 5,000 to 8,000 miles. This can help your tires last long and carry you safely on your next adventure.
- Plan ahead: hat’s the plan for your vehicle this year? This question is deceptively simple as knowing your plan will actually help you with maintenance decisions throughout the year (unless you change your mind, of course). Are you keeping it for your primary use for another year? Is someone in your household getting their driver’s permit and/or license this year? Or, will you likely be selling it or trading it in for a new car, truck, SUV, or hybrid? Chances are good you were able to review the questions and know the answer without giving them much thought. Let us know the plans for your vehicles as well, we’ll be able to advise on maintenance in ways that align with your goals and needs.
- Road trips this year? It’s fun to think and plan ahead for vacations and time off. If road trips figure in for you and your family this year, get a routine maintenance inspection on the books a few weeks prior so your vehicle is road-ready and safe.
Let us know what else may be going on with your vehicles. We’re kinda like your own personal performance pit crew at Tom’s Automotive Service. If you have any questions about this vehicle maintenance checklist call or schedule your next service today